Planning a Trip?
Midtown New York Doctors Urgent Care provides travel medicine for you and your family.
Travel medicine reduces the risk of becoming ill when traveling abroad. Depending on the area of the world you are visiting, certain precautions and immunizations are recommended. Pre-travel counseling is designed to maintain the health of all international travelers. You can encounter many foreign illnesses and diseases when you travel to other countries, the most common being Traveler’s diarrhea.
Key areas to consider are vaccinations and the six I’s:
Insects: repellents, mosquito nets, antimalarial medication
Ingestions: safety of drinking water, food
Indiscretion: HIV, sexually transmitted disease
Injuries: accident avoidance, personal safety
Insurance: ensure you know where and when to seek proper care abroad
It is recommended that you should have a medication kit to provide any necessary medication and supplies you may need to keep you safe or treat an illness. Being prepared is the best way to travel.
In addition, if you have returned to the United States and find yourself ill from an illness acquired overseas, please visit our urgent care for prompt treatment and antibiotics if needed.
* If you are looking for a specific travel medicine or injection, please call us ahead of time to see if we carry the vaccine or immunization you need.
* Please note: prior to receiving a vaccination or immunization, we perform a small physical exam and questionnaire prior to injection.
* Please note: special vaccines for travel, etc may require advanced ordering and payment.
* Please note that your insurance carrier may or may not pay for an exam, vaccinations or post-return care. If you are unsure about coverage, please contact your health insurance carrier to find out more.
* Please note vaccines may vary from center to center. Please contact us prior to visiting out center.